During the COVID-19 pandemic, supporting local businesses is more important than ever. With #SupportLocalYYC, The City of Calgary and our partners are supporting the business community by making connections, sharing resources and tools, and highlighting positive stories to inspire the community and spark further innovations that can benefit those in need.
#SupportLocalYYC Marketing Toolkit
Calgarians love supporting local businesses. These tools will help them find you.
Print posters for your store window
Download digital banners for social media
Local Business Marketing Tips
Support Local is a celebration of local businesses and services in Calgary. Join Calgary businesses by using #SupportLocalYYC in your social posts and other marketing. It’s free to participate.
- Use #SupportLocalYYC marketing tools to identify your business as locally owned, and label Calgary made or grown products.
- Claim your business listing and location on Google My Business to increase your visibility online.
- Encourage your customers to use the #SupportLocalYYC hashtag to promote their favourite Calgary businesses and services.
- Ensure you’re active on social media. New photos and updates help keep your followers informed and interested in your business.
- Instagram stories are a fun, spontaneous way for your business to keep your customers informed and entertained. Learn how to create an Instagram Story.
- Instagram has made available gift card, ordering and fundraising stickers to support businesses affected by COVID-19. Learn more at Instagram - How to Support Small Businesses During COVID‑19.
- Facebook has new features that allow you to add special content to your Page, such as displaying your menu, listing your services or showcasing your products with a shop section.
- TikTok has a Small Business Resource Centre with best practices, success stories, creative tools and templates.
- Retweet, re-post and share everything satisfied customers say about your business on social media. Each customer post acts as a little testimonial that may encourage others to give your business a try.
- Respond to social media reviews online. This shows that you value your customers’ feedback, gives you an opportunity to highlight the positives and shows you care.