#BuyLocalYYC Marketing Toolkit
Calgarians love supporting local businesses. These tools will help them find you.
Local Business Marketing Tips
BUY LOCAL is a celebration of local businesses and services in Calgary. Join Calgary businesses by using #BuyLocalYYC in your social posts and other marketing. It’s free to participate.
- Use #BuyLocalYYC marketing tools to identify your business as locally owned, and label Calgary made or grown products.
- Claim your business listing and location on Google My Business to increase your visibility online.
- Encourage your customers to use the #BuyLocalYYC hashtag to promote their favourite Calgary businesses and services.
- Ensure you’re active on social media. New photos and updates help keep your followers informed and interested in your business.
- Instagram stories are a fun, spontaneous way for your business to keep your customers informed and entertained. Learn how to create an Instagram Story.
- Facebook has new features that allow you to add special content to your Page, such as displaying your menu, listing your services or showcasing your products with a shop section.
- Retweet, re-post and share everything satisfied customers say about your business on social media. Each customer post acts as a little testimonial that may encourage others to give your business a try.
- Respond to social media reviews online. This shows that you value your customers’ feedback, gives you an opportunity to highlight the positives and shows you care.