Benefits of learning Hapkido
- Strengthen the mind and body
- Improve flexibility, balance, coordination and reflexes
- Build stamina, strength and overall health
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Learn how to defend yourself
Types of Hapkido classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
Registration for fall programs, classes and day camps is open.
Programs and classes begin in September.
About our Hapkido instructors
- Black belt certification and/or advanced training in Hapkido
- Previous leadership and instructional expertise
- Ability to teach all levels and ages
- Instructors are or were competitive practicing athletes in Hapkido
- Standard first-aid, CPR, AED, police checks
What are classes like?
Our classes are open to all levels of skill and fitness. Previous martial arts experience is not required.
Classes include warm-up exercises, strength and conditioning, technical training and practice, application of theory, and partner work.
Junior students have the opportunity to learn from and with senior students.
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear comfortable clothing. Uniform is not required
- No shoes required. Hapkido is practiced barefoot