Kung Fu classes
Benefits of learning Kung Fu
- Strengthens the mind and body
- Improves balance, coordination and reflexes
- Builds stamina and overall health
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Learn how to defend yourself
Winter registration dates
You can now register for winter programs, classes and day camps.
Registration will open:
- 6 a.m. — Online (virtual waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.)
- 8:30 a.m. — By calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1).
- During business hours — At any City-operated Aquatic & Recreation or Arts facility.
Types of Kung Fu classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
About our Kung Fu instructors
- Certification and/or advanced training in Kung Fu
- Previous leadership and instructional expertise
- Ability to teach all levels and ages
- Instructors are or were competitive practicing athletes in Kung Fu
- Standard first-aid, CPR, AED, police checks
What are classes like?
Our classes are open to all levels of skill and fitness. Previous martial arts experience is not required.
Classes includes warm-up exercises, strength and conditioning, technical training, application theory, and partner work.
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear comfortable clothing. Uniform is not required
- No shoes required. Kung Fu is practiced barefoot