Benefits of learning Kickboxing
- Learn Kickboxing techniques in a non-competitive environment
- Develop cardiovascular health
- Build strength and balance
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
- Improve mental health
- Have fun while keeping fit
Winter registration dates
You can now register for winter programs, classes and day camps.
Registration will open:
- 6 a.m. — Online (virtual waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.)
- 8:30 a.m. — By calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1).
- During business hours — At any City-operated Aquatic & Recreation or Arts facility.
Types of Kickboxing classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
About our Kickboxing instructors
- Certification and/or advanced training
- Previous leadership and instructional expertise
- Competitive experience in the sport of Kickboxing
- Standard first-aid, CPR, AED, police checks
What are classes like?
Our classes are open to all levels of skill and fitness. Previous martial arts experience is not required.
Each class consists of warm ups, technical training, and fitness/conditioning. You will learn proper technique to ensure you practice safely.
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear comfortable clothing. Uniform is not required
- Bring clean, indoor athletic shoes that have not been worn outdoors
- Hand wraps must be worn in this class, you must bring your own (some sites may sell them)