Benefits of learning Taekwondo
- Strengthen the mind and body
- Improve flexibility, balance, coordination and reflexes
- Build stamina and overall health
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Learn how to defend yourself
Winter registration dates
You can now register for winter programs, classes and day camps.
Registration will open:
- 6 a.m. — Online (virtual waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.)
- 8:30 a.m. — By calling the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (option 1).
- During business hours — At any City-operated Aquatic & Recreation or Arts facility.
Types of Taekwondo classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
Taekwondo Continuing - All ages
Building on the basics learned in the Introductory class, students will learn to use their hands and feet in harmony, while developing the connection between the mind and the body. Students will develop technique and build respect for oneself and others.
Age: 6+ years
Prerequisites: Must have completed at least one introductory program.
About our Taekwondo instructors
- Certified and/or advanced training in Taekwondo
- Previous leadership and instructional expertise
- Ability to teach all levels and ages
- Instructors are or were competitive practicing athletes in Taekwondo
- Standard first-aid, CPR, AED, police checks
What are classes like?
- Bring a water bottle
- Wear comfortable clothing. Uniform is not required
- No shoes required. Taekwondo is practiced barefoot