Assessment services and information
The City of Calgary Assessment annually prepares property assessments within Calgary for the purpose of taxation. Through fair and equitable assessments, the resulting property taxes support the essential City services provided to Calgarians. If you have an account with us access your property assessment on Assessment Search by signing in.
To ensure all Calgary property owners pay their fair share of municipal taxes, The City conducts assessments each year that reflect the market value for property as of July 1 of the previous year, as provisioned by the Municipal Government Act.
Ask The City AssessorPublic Q&A session - Jan 18, 2022
City Assessor, Eddie Lee, responded to questions on how property assessments work.Watch the Q&A session
Frequently asked questions
We're here to help with questions that have been asked before.
Forms and publications
2022 Property Assessment information and how-to guides.
Authorize an agent
An individual or company is permitted to act as a representative/authorized agent for an assessed person*
- 2021 Municipal Phased Tax Program (PTP)
- 2021 Assessment Roll Highlights
- Hailstorm property adjustments
- Phased Tax Program
- Business Improvement Areas
- Market Value Assessment
- Municipal Government Act of Alberta
- Interpretation Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act
- City of Calgary Charter, 2018 Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment and Taxation Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Complaints Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Sub-classes Regulation