The City of Calgary Assessment annually prepares property assessments within Calgary for the purpose of taxation. Through fair and equitable assessments, the resulting property taxes support the essential City services provided to Calgarians.
To ensure all Calgary property owners pay their fair share of municipal taxes, The City conducts assessments each year that reflect the market value for property as of July 1 of the previous year, as provisioned by the Municipal Government Act.
Residential property assessment
Information on how we assess single residential, multi-residential, condominium and manufactured homes.
Non-residential property assessment
Information on how we assess non-residential properties such as retail, office, industrial, and recreational.
About Assessment Search
First time user of Assessment Search? Learn more about how the Assessment Search portal works.
Customer Review Period - next steps
Learn more about how you can review and prepare for your 2021 property value
Assessment requests for information
Learn more about the information Assessment requires from property owners.
- Phased Tax Program
- Business Improvement Areas
- Market Value Assessment
- Municipal Government Act of Alberta
- Interpretation Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act
- City of Calgary Charter, 2018 Regulation
- Matters Relating to Assessment and Taxation Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Complaints Regulation, 2018
- Matters Relating to Assessment Sub-classes Regulation