The Award for Accessibility
The Award for Accessibility recognizes buildings or facilities in Calgary that architecturally integrate accessibility into their design.
Additional consideration will be given to projects that exceed the minimum requirements of Section 3.8, "Accessibility" of the National Building Code, Alberta edition, for accessibility by persons with disabilities.
- The building must be operated by an organization other than The City of Calgary (the building can be situated on City of Calgary owned land).
- The building must have undergone construction, expansion or renovation within the past five years. The five-year timeline begins from the date the subject building or portion thereof was given permission by The City's Development Approvals and Building Safety division to be occupied.
- Nominations will not be considered if the majority of the accessibility features are not functional or completed.
- The award is open to projects of any scale.
- See eligibility requirements for more criteria.
Note: a group site visit will be required as part of the evaluation process.
- Name and address of the building or facility being nominated for The Award for Accessibility.
- Project completion date.
- Name(s) of the current building owners and/or occupants.
- Organization(s) and/or consultant(s) responsible for the accessibility initiative.
- Describe the impact of the project for persons with disabilities. Focus on how the building or facility integrates accessibility into the design, and how the accessibility components of the project exceeds the minimum requirements of Section 3.8, "Accessibility" of the National Building Code, Alberta edition. Maximum 6,000 characters including spaces.
- Describe why you believe the nominee is deserving of this award. Maximum 6,000 characters including spaces.
Advisory Committee on Accessibility Awards
The City’s Advisory Committee on Accessibility has three annual accessibility awards:
- The Advocacy Award
- The Universal Design/Access Recognition Award
- The Transportation Opportunities Award
These awards are presented at a City Council meeting in December each year.
For more information, visit Accessibility Awards.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org