Cardio and cycle classes
Benefits of cardio and cycle fitness
Improve your aerobic fitness, power and heart health. Feel an increase in metabolic function, quality of life and athletic performance.
Push yourself further with the motivation of an instructor and the team spirt of working out as a group.
Types of cardio and cycle fitness classes
You can register online, in person at our Recreation facilities, or by calling
Fall registration for cardio and cycle fitness classes is now open.
Winter registration for cardio and cycle fitness classes will begin Nov. 29, 2022:
- Online - please note updated time: 6 a.m. (online waiting room opens at 5:30 a.m.)
- In person: at any City-operated Aquatic Recreation facility or Arts Centre during posted business hours
- By phone: Call the Customer Service Centre at 403-268-3800 (press option 1) - 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday to Friday
About our fitness instructors
Certified, passionate, challenging and fun. Our skilled and motivating instructors focus on drills, intervals, and endurance sets to coax the most out of your training.
What are classes like?
Classes are typically forty-five minutes to one hour in length. Classes start with a progressive warm-up followed by conditiong activities. Conditioning combines athletic intervals and cardio drills using bikes or other equipment. Some classes may also include core conditioning. Classes wind down with stretching and a gradual cool-down period.
Each week builds on the success of the previous week to help you meet your fitness goals.
- A water bottle
- A small towel for sweat
- Clean, indoor athletic shoes that have not been worn outdoors
- For cycling you may wish to bring cycling shoes with SPD cleats (optional)