Water construction projects, upgrades and repairs
The City of Calgary undertakes a variety of waterworks projects to:
- Operate and maintain the water and wastewater collection and distribution systems in Calgary.
- Provide repairs and maintenance for more than 16,000 km of underground pipes for water, sanitary sewer and stormwater.
- Upgrade Calgary's water infrastructure to help expand its capacity and ensure it can meet the demands of a growing City.
- Conserve and protect our water resources.
Below you will find more information about our construction projects as well as repairs and upgrades to improve Calgary's water, wastewater and stormwater systems.
Construction projects and road closures
If you would like to know about residential road closures due to water construction or other activities, visit our Calgary Traffic Report page.
Water outages and main breaks
Find a list of current water outages and main breaks at Water Outages and Main Breaks. If you see a water main break, please call 311.
Background information on projects
For details about how we send construction notices, how we mark the ground for work, and what equipment we use, visit Water Projects - Background Information.
- 24 Street SE Stormwater Pond and Ogden Landfill Remediation
- Bonnybrook Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrades and expansions
- Copperfield Storm Pond Sediment Removal
- Deer Run Sanitary Lift Station
- IC9A Outfall Repair
- Inglewood Bird Sanctuary Reconnection Project
- Ogden Feedermain
- Rangeview, Ricardo Ranch Water Infrastructure Project
- 9 Avenue S.E. Water Main Replacement
- McKenzie Towne Storm Pond Sediment Removal
- 210 Avenue pump station
- Fish Creek West Sanitary
- Killarney Local Drainage Improvement
- Lower Sarcee Feedermain Infrastructure Project
- Providence Offsite Storm Trunk and Outfall Stage 1
- Discovery Ridge Sanitary Main Repair
- Woodbine Lift Station upgrades
- Palliser Sanitary Lift Station Upgrade
- Evergreen Storm Pond - Removal of Invasive Fish Species