Water construction projects, upgrades and repairs
Below you will find more information about our construction projects as well as repairs and upgrades to improve Calgary's water, wastewater and stormwater systems.
The City of Calgary undertakes a variety of waterworks projects to:
- Operate and maintain the water and wastewater collection and distribution systems in Calgary.
- Provide repairs and maintenance for more than 16,000 km of underground pipes for water, sanitary sewer and stormwater.
- Upgrade Calgary's water infrastructure to help expand its capacity and ensure it can meet the demands of a growing City.
- Conserve and protect our water resources.
Construction projects and road closures
If you would like to know about residential road closures due to water construction or other activities, visit our Calgary Traffic Report page.
Water outages and main breaks
Find a list of current water outages and main breaks at Water Outages and Main Breaks. If you see a water main break, please call 311.
Background information on projects
For details about how we send construction notices, how we mark the ground for work, and what equipment we use, visit Water Projects - Background Information.
Repairs and Maintenance
We operate and maintain the water and wastewater collection and distribution systems in Calgary.
We provide repairs and maintenance for more than 16,000 km of underground pipes for water, sanitary sewer and stormwater.
We upgrade Calgary's water infrastructure to help expand its capacity and ensure it can meet the demands of a growing City. We use the latest technology and knowledge to conserve and protect our water resources.
- 24 Street SE Stormwater Pond and LRT Embankment
- Bonnybrook Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrades and expansions
- Community drainage improvement (CDI):
- Lower Sarcee Feedermain Infrastructure Project
- North Calgary Water Servicing Project
- Nose Creek Bank Stabilization
- Priddis Slough South Outfall
- Rangeview, Ricardo Ranch Water Infrastructure Project
- Shaganappi Pump Station Project
- West 17 Main Streets
For more info on the West 17 project click here.
- Local Drainage Improvement (LDI):
Flood Recovery Projects
We have identified over 200 flood-related projects in Calgary requiring repairs or restoration. To learn more, visit Flood Projects.