Recreation Projects and Development
Recreation facility development projects
The City of Calgary continues to support the development, enhancement and maintenance of recreation infrastructure for the use and enjoyment of all Calgarians.
Click on the links below to find out more about facility development, maintenance, upgrade and renovation&projects.
- Acadia Athletic Park irrigation upgrades
- Centennial Planetarium renovations
- Foothills Athletic Park redevelopment
- Glenmore Athletic Park redevelopment
- Glenmore Sailing School facility improvement
- New Recreation Facilities project
- Silver Springs Outdoor Pool renovation
- Skatepark development
- South Calgary Outdoor Pool basin renovation
- Tom Brook Athletic Park redevelopment
- Woodbine Athletic Park irrigation upgrades
- Calgary Soccer Centre
- Frank McCool Arena renovation
- New Brighton Athletic Park
- Recreation Facility Development & Enhancement Study
- Shouldice Athletic Park artificial turf restoration & resiliency project
- Shouldice Athletic Park Irrigation System Upgrades & Field Remediation
- Shouldice Athletic Park Plaza Development
- Village Square Cogeneration Project
- Village Square Leisure Centre arena upgrades
Facility Investment Principles
Calgary Recreation uses Facility Investment Principles to help guide decisions for investing in City-operated recreation infrastructure. These principles ensure investments are strategic and:
- foster healthy lifestyles through a range of accessible recreation opportunities
- provide for great public spaces where citizens can connect
- balance The City’s existing recreation infrastructure with growth and maintenance requirements within limited resources
As cornerstones for complete communities, we recognize the importance of recreation facilities for promoting the local economy, fostering cultural diversity and individual growth, and encouraging healthy, active lifestyles.
To learn more about Recreation’s strategic direction, see the Recreation Master Plan.
Other useful links
Shouldice artificial turf fields