Road construction projects
Transportation Infrastructure (TI) is responsible for many of the major road construction projects that take place in Calgary. Major road construction projects include construction of new roadways, rehabilitation and upgrades to existing roadways, intersection upgrades, and installation of interchanges.
Other road construction projects taking place in Calgary may be the responsibility of the Roads Business Unit or the Province of Alberta. The Province oversees the operation and maintenance of Deerfoot Trail and is constructing the Calgary Ring Road. For more information on Provincial road projects visit Alberta Transportation.
- Erin Woods traffic calming
- 8 Ave S.E. corridor improvements
- 11/12 Street route improvements (9 Ave to 26 Ave S.E.)
- 130 Ave S.E. twinning (between 52 St and McIvor Blvd)
- 42 Ave S.E. Complete Streets
- 78 Ave SE Road widening
- 88 St S.E. extension - between Stoney Trail and 196 Ave
- Glenmore Trail and 68 St S.E. Interchange
Current construction projects and road closures
Road / Lane closure